Standard four-ball tester
50 years in tribology!
European quality and innovation!
Your complete solution provider!
This is a classical and conventional tribological test as the name implies, employ four half-inch diameter steel balls, one ball rotating in one direction within a cradle of three stationary balls.The test is designed to characterize lubricants for wear preventive (WP), extreme pressure (EP) and frictional properties. Additionally, the standard KRL test is also developed acc. to DIN 51350-6 (KRL taper roller bearing) for the determination of the mechanical shear stability of lubricating oils with polymer additives, such as gear oils, engine oils, damper oils and automatic transmission fluids. Other tests including VW PV 1444 and VW PV 1454 could be added for the pitting test.
VKA110 Robust Four-ball Tester
The Hansa VKA 110 is a robust four-ball tester originally designed by Shell and Hansa Press. With the latest development, VKA110 supplies various adapters to fulfil ASTM D2266/ASTM D4172 Wear test, ASTM D2596/ASTM D2783/IP 239 EP test, DIN 51350/1-5, ISO/CD 11008, VW 1444, VW 1454.
- Rotation speed: 10-5,800 rpm;
- Load: 0-1,200Kg;
- Temperature: RT-150 ℃
- Sports mode: sliding/scrolling;
- Adapter: Four-ball long grinding, extreme pressure, shear viscosity, pitting, etc.
TE82 Four Ball Machine
The TE 82 has dead weight loading and vector speed controlled motor with encoder feedback. The machine is floor-standing.
The test spindle projects downwards and runs in a housing with precision greased for life bearings. The drive motor is connected to a pulley on the test spindle by means of a timing belt and torque limiter pulley.
- Load Range: 10 to 1,000 kg
- Loading Method: Dead Weights
- Rotational Speed: 60 to 2,000 rpm
- Temperature Range: Ambient to 200°C
- Heater Power: 550 W
TE 82S KRL (DIN 51350-6) Shear Stability Test Machine
The TE 82S is a manually controlled version of the standard TE 82. Tests may be run according to the following methods:
- DIN 51350/6 Testing of Shear Stability of Lubricating Oils Containing PolymersCEC L-45-A-99 Viscosity Shear Stability of Transmission Lubricants (Taper Roller Bearing Rig)
- ISO 26422:2014 Determination of shear stability of lubricating oils containing polymers – Method using a tapered roller bearing
- Load Range: 500 to 10,000 N
- Rotational Speed: 60 to 1,780 rpm
- Taper Bearing: SKF 32008 X/Q
- Temperature Sensor: k-type thermocouple
- Sump Capacity: 35 litres
- Heater Power: 3 kW
TE 92 Universal Rotary Tribometer
The TE 92 Universal Rotary Tribometer is a versatile test machine. It supplies two designated adapters to run four-ball wear & EP test, and KRL test.
The test spindle projects downwards from a housing with precision, greased for life, bearings. The drive motor is connected to the test spindle by different pulley arrangements, depending on torque and speed requirements. The machine has servo controlled, low inertia, pneumatic loading with force transducer feedback and vector speed controlled motor with encoder feedback.
- Rotational Speed: 30 to 3,000 rpm
- Spindle Bearing Load: 10,000 N @ 3,000 rpm
- Maximum Spindle Speed: 10,000rpm
- Maximum Gearbox Speed: 2,000rpm
- Maximum load: 10,000N